Skip tooth chain breaker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put me on the list for a chain break also...thanks!

Price on the two speed tools is 40$ shipped. Already messaged the first two in line. More are currently being made. I have yet to get a price on the chain breakers from him. I'm pressing him hard for that and should know very soon. He said that both the chain breakers and the 2 speed tools will be ready in Jan.
-Kreep-

I got my two speed tool today, very nice quality work on this tool I would have thought Snap - On made it. Ed

Mine was $10 at the LBS, and works great on either type of chain. With skips, you back the pin all the way up and use the wider spaced section. I use it all the time. Had this one for 2 years and it hasn't broken yet. I bent the pin on one just like it right before I got this one, but it bent on a regular chain, not a skiptooth.
SANY0693.jpg

Hi Kreep - Any way to still get one of those skip tooth chain break tools? I think I sent you a private message, but I don't if it came through or not... Thanks!

Hi Kreep - Any way to still get one of those skip tooth chain break tools? I think I sent you a private message, but I don't if it came through or not... Thanks!

Looks like your message was to his profile and not a PM. To PM someone here click their user name by a post. This will bring up a box with info and various links for that person. One of the links is Start A Conversation, click it. That's the PM function here.

Whats the word on the Chain tool ? i could use one also...

~RafaeL~

The guy that was making them moved out of state and I lost touch with him...:( I still have the one he made and I was thinking of asking another machinist friend of mine if he would be willing to make them.
-Kreep-

I modified one to work well. I am amazed this is not "proper" to do.
I think its pretty clever actually, because you can still use it on other
chains! Either way, good idea to carry one..

you can also buy a cheap chain breaker and modify it.

creatingaskiptoothchainbreaker.jpg

if for some reason it will not reach a regular size chain you can always cut a longer nail and replace the one on the breaker
It does work fine.....after modification,. been using one for a while now.

Back