Skip tooth unknown

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
found this in a neighbor's backyard stash, said he'd sell it to me for $20 bucks, I am thinking it might be the beginnings of a neat build.

Any clue as to what it is, I thought it was a huffman, but I am not too sure.

IMG_0334.JPG

the seat post hole is rather small too and there is no provision for a kick stand and the fender brace is straight, so late 30's?,

IMG_0337.JPG

any help would be appreciated.

Antknee said:
Walker said:
Sure looks like a CWC product to me.

Forgive my old bike noobness, but does that make this a roadmaster frame?

Technically, you're correct--it's the same frame as a Roadmaster would have been, but the chainring suggests it was originally badged Western Flyer. Same frame, but sold through Western Auto stores. I think this frame could be late prewar or early postwar through about 1949. A serial number could narrow that down more. I'm not an expert but have tried to learn from the expert.

for 20 bucks, go get it! You can check the serial number when you get it home. On the bottom bracket.

I'd buy it for $20. Although I am curious about what else is stacked up beside that frame? any other pics of what else is sitting there? What looks to be a middle-light weight with the fenders and the seat skeleton looks like my kinda jam.

well now that you ask, there were a couple other bikes that he had but I think he'd have a hard time getting rid of the hawthorne

IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

he did have another skiptooth frame but it looked newer than the first one but I am sure it's for sale too.

IMG_0333.JPG

I am looking for a new project bike, I might even enter the build off but not too sure about that.

The Hawthorne looks like a juvenile frame to me anyway. The proportions and sizes look all very small for an adult rider.

Re: Skip tooth unknown (I Got the Serial #)

Here it the serial number for this bike frame any one what to take a crack at this?

Looks like E18167 Cw

photo.JPG

Any help is appreciated

Skip tooth known

thanks for all your help now still looking for some old forks....

Latest posts

Back