Skirts!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
SCORED!!! Skirts at an Antique Mall! of all places..I feel good.
Higgins or Elgin, you tell me. If basic research serves.. they're Elgins. :rockout:
[posting your bikes with these skirts would be okay too ^.6]
skirts_zps5f329150.jpg

Here I thought they were for 24".. hah.. Im actually a little glad they arent.

Last edited:
Actually going rate was one of my questions. They werent much which is why I popped on them in the first place, but... I have no Idea how much each style of skirts goes for [a pair].

Actually going rate was one of my questions. They werent much which is why I popped on them in the first place, but... I have no Idea how much each style of skirts goes for [a pair].

I'm not a skirt expert but I'm sure someone will chime in. ;)

Good find at an antique mall. :thumbsup:
Right?
Normally those places are crawling with three digit tags, especially if they just happen to have one or two bike items, people think stuff is made of solid gold. :p
I got lucky

Another one of the sellers there had a booth and I saw a white DELTA attached to a Long rod it was ..riveted? to.. I wanted the delta for my Columbia, but the Columbia only has one fender hole for the light, and this one built onto the rod had two rivets through it, so either way.. it would have made an EXCELLENT tail light..but do you have any idea what was with the rod?

[white delta light, not bulb shaped, more rocket shaped]

Was it something like this? Delta mounted these various ways for both boats and bikes. It could easily be used on a bike.
images

For 19.00 bucks you could have modified it to fit on your bike and it's fender. As far as I am on chiming in on your skirts price is a real good deal. I have a set plus chain guard and rear fender(lil messed up on the rear fender) and I would do twice that for all of mine pieces.

I did not see anyone tell you that these attach to the Chain Guard. It would be nice to get the chain guard to get them to mount properly.
I will strongly suggest that you just let me buy them. Sound Good?

For 19.00 bucks you could have modified it to fit on your bike and it's fender. As far as I am on chiming in on your skirts price is a real good deal. I have a set plus chain guard and rear fender(lil messed up on the rear fender) and I would do twice that for all of mine pieces.
Im trying not to drill if I dont have to, but I figured the same, probably would have fit as a good tail light mounted to the frame too, and a red cap put on for color.
Can I by chance see the inside of your fender and how you have them mounted? Itd be a great help to my vices. [so youd do twice that price? or..]

I did not see anyone tell you that these attach to the Chain Guard. It would be nice to get the chain guard to get them to mount properly.
I will strongly suggest that you just let me buy them. Sound Good?
Hah, I know.. Im feeling a little brazen.
Id be more interested in trade than the purchase of, but at the same time.. I cant find these here, attached or otherwise, and they REALLY add something.

Suppose it doesnt hurt to Hear offers :p

Great to find by themselves & at a antique mall . They are made for Elgin as others have mentioned .But they look great on a lot of other bikes also.
DSC01291_zps271e96ca.jpg

Based on your experience, do you feel they mount better to 24" or 26" fenders? They almost fit my Otasco, But I feel their quality enough to be on the Columbia.
Thanks for the feedback Tanks!:blush:

Latest posts

Back