slicks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 700c is a 27 inch, a 29 tyre is measured in a different way but fits a 27 inch wheel. (There maybe factors which mean a 700c and 29 are not compatible even though they are both 27 inch - but they may be ok!!!)

700c is the same size tire as the Canadian CCM old bikes came with. They are marked 28 x 1 1/2". I have some old tires marked 28 x 1 3/4" that fit the same rim. The rims have the same look as the old British 28" rims but will not fit. I will be seeing an old friend in a couple of weeks who may have a bunch of these old rims. I cannot say if he has any left. Here is some pics of the same bike wit the 2 different size 28" rims. The black tires and the whitewalls are 700c or Canadian size tires. The peach are British size. You can see by the chainring the British are a little larger. I have a pair of Kenda whitewalls like the Sulky tires in the post above and they fit the Canadian size rims.
BikeParts453.jpg

BikeParts454.jpg

BikeParts457.jpg

stephen said:
A 700c is a 27 inch, a 29 tyre is measured in a different way but fits a 27 inch wheel. (There maybe factors which mean a 700c and 29 are not compatible even though they are both 27 inch - but they may be ok!!!)
Sorry, I meant too say they had the same BSD. Yes depending on rim and tire width they are not always interchangeable.

ISO Bead Seat Diameter Traditional Designations
635 mm 28 x 1 1/2, 700 B
630 mm 27 x anything
622 mm 700 C, 28 x (two fractions), 29 inch
(28 x 1 1/2 F.13 Canada)

Back