Slow boat from China. Or is that Malabo Equatorial Guinea

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
August 1, 2023. I ordered some gold aluminum dice valve caps. Looked up my ebay history, the seller is in China. Oops. Over sight on my part. I usually don't order from there as it can take a month for stuff to arrive. If ever.

March 14, 2024 (Pi Day!). One valve cap arrived! Holes in the package. Return label from Malabo, Equatorial Guinea. That's a city on an island off the west coast of Africa near Cameroon. There is a port but no sign of any cranes that can handle containers.

7 months, 2 weeks delivery time!

There are two mailing labels. One on top of the other. Trying to peal the second off out of curiosity. The first seems to be from China addressed to me with the original eBay order number on it. No return address but has some Chinese language characters.

Global economy

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

I purchased a T shirt from Mass. the next state over in a town no more then 3 hours from me. It was shipped USPS, when I checked the tracking it made a nice trip to AZ first before it made it's way back across the the country to me.

I purchased a T shirt from Mass. the next state over in a town no more then 3 hours from me. It was shipped USPS, when I checked the tracking it made a nice trip to AZ first before it made it's way back across the the country to me.
USPS wanted to make sure it was nice and warm for you. Considerate.

Latest posts

Back