SlowFoot sayin' HI

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings riders and builders. I am an old dude that's pretty thrilled to find this community. Seems I have been doing this for many years going back to the early 70's when my Grandpa brought home a ridable but beat old Schwinn. In his well stocked garage, I wen to work building what would be my first rat bike; apes, no fenders, paint with some freehand scrollwork. Nothing special.

In the process of starting a few winter builds after many years. We just recently moved to a townhouse with a paved riding trail about 20 yards from the door. Looking forward to spring...of course. Also looking forward to sharing pics and ideas with ya'll!

Unkown make or year frame. This one was a freebie.
shedfind020.jpg

Rollfast Deluxe. Year unknown for $15
shedfind022.jpg

Girl's Schwinn. I was told it is prewar?? Possibly early 1930's. I don't know.
shedfind026.jpg

Galtbacken said:
Welcome! Slowfoot sounds like a bicycle equivalent to Eric Clapton. :) Nice bikes!

Ha!! You caught that!! I confess. Similar name, but slightly different...Universe as far as talent of any sort.

Also, the so called prewar girls Schwinn was actually built 12/05/1950, according to the serial number. The kickstand should have tipped me off. Guess I didn't do homework. Oh well.

Back