Smutfast>>>

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been kicking this idea around for a while and think it's time to give it a crack. In an effort not to tarnish my RRB reputation :rofl: I will try to keep the close ups to a minimum.

20180119_214927.jpg
20180119_215023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a friend whose art was largely paintings on whole or half-sheets of luan with (usually vintage) smut magazine cutouts in collage that mainly commented on the manifestation of damaging depravity and self-hate hiding behind the homogenous facade of the suburbs as a result of oppressing ones' selves to conform to the adopted ideals of others who were all doing the same thing. I never cared about the approval of 99.99% of others or needed to belong and people were always too frightened of me to challenge me about it, so I never developed such issues, but I definitely understood it seeing it around me. A not uncommon theme, but they were usually interesting compositions and the proportions of the large sheets (of a common cheap suburban house-building material) made for a different impact than they would have on a standard format canvas.

Hugh Hefner Tribute bike.
I think he would approve.

hugh.jpg

I have been kicking this idea around for awhile and think it's time to give it a crack.

huhuhu... he said crack.
beavis550.jpg

This build will require some careful censoring.

(As I do this sort of Découpage)
Tip: First layer a coat of glue onto the pages you want,let it dry. Then cut and glue onto the frame. It also helps to spray varnish on the other side.
This stops most of the wrinkles,but you will get some due to layering on a tube...

welp, this is awesome......combining 2 of my fav things :nerd:

Please refer to #4 of the long standing forum rules on this one...

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/forum-rules-read-these-first.79330/

Thanks!

Ok I guess I pushed it too far with this build. I understand removing my initial update pics but I wasn't expecting to get in trouble over a picture of the magazine cover. This is going to be a whole lot harder than I thought.
In any event I plan to go ahead with the build but you will have to send me a PM when its done if you want me to send you the full pictorial. I sincerely hope these convey where I'm at without breaking the rules.
20180122_131152.jpg
20180122_131359.jpg

Last edited:
I was trying to figure a way to protest the subject matter myself, without offending anyone. This is a family oriented site, and I agree with Rat Rod 100% per rules.
Every decoupage bike I've seen here was cool, this one probably will be too, but my grandkids surf here to see the builds we do.

Carl.

As long as the nudes are tasteful, I'll bet this bike will come out awesome! Maybe I'll look for it on some other social media website. I understand and respect the rules of this site, even when my morals and this sites don't align. Good luck with your build.

I will definitely watch this build! Started something similar in BO12 which never got finished (both variations still pending). But at the moment I ride my first decoupage bike on a daily basis...
I would say, go for it! (but choose your pictures carefully) ;-)

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back