SO-LOWKO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are new to the forum and look forward to finishing our first build. My daughter(12yr) and I have caught the bike building bug! We are calling this one "SO-LOWKO". The Schwinn frame we found in the trash and the rest of the parts we borrowed from our (my) other bikes. Some parts have even been robbed off my motorcycle. We are having a blast and thats what matters. Will post pics as soon as I figure out how to do it from my phone. She will probably figure it out before me.

Here is the moch of our build. Yes I know that there are bikes much lower, but we dig the name and the low aggressive stance will back for a fast looking bike and my daughter is a little loco. hahaha. I will be in trouble when she reads this.
20130101_215647.jpg

Last night we got the forks cut and welded back to the desired length. We removed 7" from them to get the stance want. Rumaging thru old bikes in my shed we also found a good seat and post and we robbed the clubman bars off me bobber(in putting clip-ons on it anyway).

20130110_214113.jpg

20130110_214442.jpg

now that the fork was chopped.. i wonder how it woulld look/ride if the back tire stay in the original hight..
it would probably look like one those old muscle cars how they lean foward.. :lol:

Welcome to you both...can't wait to see the result! nice pics so far, keep 'em comin'!

I'm liking this ! the clubmans and tripple tree fork are cool. you may want to drop the rear I did on my Street Skinny Typhoon it gives a good stance. this is what I did. Front fork is cut down 1.5" rear about the same.

dscf2476k.jpg

dscf2481w.jpg

I'll check when I get home I'm about 5' 11" its pretty ridable on flat land not for hills though . Gotta mind the pedals in turns and it has a foot brake pedal so that adds some thinking to the ride:grin:

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Well it looks like now we are building 2 bikes. My daugther decided the she wanted one closer to the size of her other bike.
20130115_214300.jpg

Thinking of using these leftover pistons as pedals. I have enought to do both bikes.
20130115_214518.jpg

20130116_220708.jpg

Rear of frame is tack welded, so now on to the details. Gotta ad some tube the neck, start working on crank / pedals, bearings, etc. Hoping to have both bikes done for the "GET A GRIP SHOW" in Cleveland, Tn.

Looking good! you should throw a crank in to check pedal clearance in case you need a shorter armed one....ask me how I know! on mine I have to "mind" the corners or you catch a pedal.......then this happens...I was talking to the now famous Brad K. Evans when I stopped paying attention.

dscf2674o.jpg

Latest posts

Back