So my daughter wants this...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.walmart.com/ip/24-Girls-Next ... r/10899861
I know nothing about LaJolla cruisers. Anyone know about durability? Weaknesses? They're an aluminum frame but are they really light enough to notice? I ask b/c none of the WM's near me carry the 24" size, only the 26" so I will have to order it.
I already have 2 Cranbrooks and I'm hoping that the LaJolla is a little bit better quality.
1st thing to do, if we get it for her, is to remove the stickers, change handlebar and paint the fenders lime green (my daughter's idea- her bike! :shock: ).

Wish i could help you decide, but she will have fun riding it for a while anyways.

I could see why she would want the fenders lime green; it will flow with the bike.

Do yourself a favor for her...

Assemble that yourself.

They want 99?...slap them in the face with 50

This is my buddy John's. I bet he has 2,000 miles on his. He even got ran over by an old lady who's drivers license should have been taken away 20 years ago, and he rode the bike home. It's a good buy for the money, and it's a light bike.

39895_1522719544228_1121769160_2613809_2973125_n.jpg

Like all bikes that Wal-mart sells, it's gonna be pretty flimsy. But who cares? If it doesn't cost much and it's what she wants, that's all that should matter.

You may need to replace the crank bearings and wheels when they wear out, but that may take a year with a kid casually riding it.

That is pretty much any bike. You always take the chance of getting a bad one. I don't know how many time's my "not wallyworld" bikes have broken, and my unstoppable Huffy is always ready to go. Then again, I only ride my bikes, I don't do tricks and stunts etc. It's all a matter of how you keep up with them and take care of them.

My mom has the 26" women's frame that came in blue. They are light, they have a small crank gear for easy pedalling and for the price, you really can't go wrong. Like stated earlier, just have it shipped to the store for free (takes about a week) and it will not be assembled by them, that makes it easier to do the mods you want to do.

For anyone afraid of assembly, once you open the box you just have to install the front wheel, pedals, and straighten and tighten the handlebars.

Do yourself a favor and reback all the bearings, I always find a pile of dirt or shavings in bikes like these.

Back