So this really exists?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many months ago I visited a few bike shops looking for a kick around bike to tool around the neighborhood, maybe hit an offroad trail with my sons. You know, like the kind of bike I had as a kid, only bigger.

The blank stares, followed by blinking and a bike guy showing me another $1000 bike told me biking had passed me by.

Look man, I just want a sturdy frame, like a mountain bike or something, I really only need a 1 speed, I'm not racing anyone but my sons. It doesn't need to be fancy, lightweight and certainly not expensive.

More blinking and blank stares. Maybe they'd have a closeout model 1 day a year at $700.

Fast forward to a few weekends ago and our neighborhood held the annual community wide garage sale. I was sent out to acquire breakfast and drove past someone else with stuff on the lawn, all bikes. I calmly pull over, and they were donated from an airline, hey that looks like that industrial bike I had seen online.

I swing by the ATM later and make off with a rideable Worksman for $10 and a rough Marlboro folding MTB for another $10.

As excited as I am to have found these, I'm quite out of my element as to what to do with them now.

And my pal Google lead me to this glorious site that could only exist in my dreams.

As kids, we lived on our bikes, roaming the neighborhood for hours on end going nowhere in particular.

Looking forward to the journey.

Thanks for putting a name to the vision I had.

While I'm still fuzzy on the textbook definition of a Klunker, the gallery was plenty helpful.

Just wondering...

Is removing a coaster brake and replacing it with hand brakes as difficult as I'm hoping it's not?

welcome! ride what ya love and just smile at the rest

Troy

welcome from Massachusetts! :D
I love your story! You will fit in perfectly.
post up some pics we'd love to see em!!

$10 Worksman in front

q7LV9AdZ

$10 Fuji folding Marlboro bike

y6vqI1Xa

the style and the functionality of the worksman are great. and that folding bike is wicked cool. i have never seen one like that.

Welcome to the site, lots of information here!
and questions.......
Like what kind of front hub is on the Worksman????

I looked up some info off the Fuji frame, which is how I discovered it was a Marlboro rewards bike, and they still show up on eBay. Some even get listed still in the box. I'm in the process of trading it for parts and stuff for the Worksman with a coworker.

The wheels on the Worksman are the original wheels, so i guess it's whatever hub they use. I'm clueless but having fun anyway.

Back