Someone-elses-find-for-me fresh find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well, In my little city we have metal scrappers. Theres a scrap yard a half a mile from my house(i gotta go there), Which leads to people driving around the city with trailers looking for scrap metal in peoples trash every tuesday night. So, today i was out working throwing a bunch of bike wheels out and some guy asks if i work on bikes(noticing the barracuda and AF hanging to dry). I say yes and he drives away, comes back 5 minutes later with a bike sitting in his truck..."Here you go".

So now i got some old guy getting me bikes...Woot!
camera-gate233.jpg

(Yet again, the tandem is not fresh...lol)

I like the sprocket!

Those scraper guys make me mad! They grab all the old bikes and scrap them for next to nothing. I have to really be on my toes come garbage day otherwise the grab everything.
I need to stop them someday and make a deal with them. I'll pay them more for the bike than the scrap yard will.

Yeah,I've been trying to catch our local scrapper and ask him to keep an eye out for bikes for me too.

Whats the going rate for a scrap bicycle?

Boardtrack fan said:
Those scraper guys make me mad! They grab all the old bikes and scrap them for next to nothing. I have to really be on my toes come garbage day otherwise the grab everything.
I need to stop them someday and make a deal with them. I'll pay them more for the bike than the scrap yard will.

thats what i do with mowers. i talked to one guy and he told his buddies etc... they usually bring 3 to 5 mowers at a time and i throw them $20.00 and then sell some of the mowers for 30-40 apice.

its worth your while to talk to them.

Boardtrack fan said:
EXACTLY!
thats what im gonna do

That was EXACTLY my plan

Back