Something bad

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some inspiration! I'm 16 and have been building since I was 10!! I'm pretty good. I paint and all! And I usually build custom bikes and sell them to the local bike shop(Up here in NY nobody's really into that). But I've run out of ideas!! I wanted to do something almost evil. Something that is literally scary. I thought all of you great builders could shed some light on this!

I find inspiration for my builds in motorcycle and car magazines typically. But it can come from anyway or anyone, just last weekend I was walking around our town square when I saw the simplest, cleanest '64 Corvette. Simple maroon paint job, black wheels with small chrome center caps and i had a bike building in my head instantly!

If you're looking for 'evil' inspiration, Google images is your friend (and potential enemy).
Or try http://www.fangoria.com/

Cheers,
Dr. T

Vintagebikebuilder said:
expjawa said:
Where is NY, just out curiousity? NYC, or "upstate" somewhere?

Upstate New York, Near buffalo!

Ah, OK. As it says to the left, I'm in the Rochester area. Not too many rat rod builders (at least of bicycles) in this part of the country. Not sure what an evil bike would look like, I guess that wasn't on the list of avenues that I've explored... Do you mean evil as in really bad in like a Angels sort of way, or something that actually looks it'd be ridden by demon spawn and might be used for collecting the souls of innocent people along the way (forcefully)? Could be interesting, but not likely something that I'll want to explore any further...

expjawa said:
Vintagebikebuilder said:
expjawa said:
Where is NY, just out curiousity? NYC, or "upstate" somewhere?

Upstate New York, Near buffalo!

Ah, OK. As it says to the left, I'm in the Rochester area. Not too many rat rod builders (at least of bicycles) in this part of the country. Not sure what an evil bike would look like, I guess that wasn't on the list of avenues that I've explored... Do you mean evil as in really bad in like a Angels sort of way, or something that actually looks it'd be ridden by demon spawn and might be used for collecting the souls of innocent people along the way (forcefully)? Could be interesting, but not likely something that I'll want to explore any further...

LOL. That made me laugh :lol: Also, I since Halloween is slowly approaching that's the reason I was looking into it. I don't normally build bikes like that. And it's really nice to know there's somebody else up here! :D

Well, if it's as much as a Halloween prop as anything else, I would say that it would have to have ram's horn handlebars for a start, with perhaps a ram's skull on the stem. It should have glowing eyes, maybe big fangs. From there, chopper forks with folk blades that are actually the blades from a scythe. The seat should be the saddle equivalent of a bed of nails, because this thing is so evil it also punishes the demon that rides it. It sort of goes without saying that it's primarily flat black, but could feature flame-red detail, and maybe have those tires with the flame-patterned tread blocks.

Bed-Hur style spikes from the axles are probably a necessity, as are various other spikes and pointy bits. It could have a crate or box on the rear with "SOULS" stenciled on it, and you could put a bit of dry ice in water in it so it steamed. It also occurs to me that it ought to have some sort of fins or wings (think Tim Burton's Batmobile - or maybe ) that come up off of the rear, maybe if the form of modified skirt guards. If you're handy at all with an air brush, maybe you can paint up a tank to look like it has cold, grey skin stretch over ribs. LED lighting inside could give the illusion of fire in its belly if done right.

Either that or it should somehow bear resemblance to the steeds of the Nazgûl.
Darktower.jpg

Anyway, I've put too much thought into this already. I should get back to work and not explore this any further (because that worked so well last time I said it...).

Wow. You have a very creative imagination. I'll do the best I can. I would like to sell this so I don't thing a seat full of nails would be very practical :lol:

Ah, well, sorry if I got carried away. You're right, a saddle of nails would be...impractical. Of course, rat bikes are seldom built for their practicality, but that would be too far. But as a Halloween decoration, might still be impressive. OTOH, maybe you could imagine a bike that the Headless Horseman might ride, if he became the Headless Biker instead...

Back