Sorry if its been asked before, 'What Welder do you Use'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What Rig do you use, what type Tig/Mig
do you Braze frames together?

'i heard Miller are some of the best, my father used to build radio towers years back on a miller'
whats the best rig to start off on that will give me quality welds 'when i beceome more skilled'
or for a decent price.

cause i cant do much modification without a welder <-__->
some of you may have noticed im trying to build a Srpinger currently 'bolt together only' while i have made some progress in the design it still seems far fetched..
with that noted, id also like to build a custom frame later on aswell as some old school chopper bars :roll: a

anyway... post pics of your Rig, Brand, and Show off your Bead skill :p

I use a harbor freight flux mig welder and it sucks! The liners wear out to fast and the spool is always unwinding :( :( I guess thats what I get for 40 dollars! The best I say is gas; oxy/ace, I have a tank and all and I loved welding with it before someone swiped alot of my tips and tools :x :x

wouldn't need one of too high Amperage? cause the thickest metal i think i would weld would probably be 1/4in..
cause ya know bikes aint made of soild metal :p

I have a Longevity 160 tig/plasma cutter ran just under a grand. Can do alum too. It's a China tool but been running good for 4 yrs now.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

best friend here prob gonna be craigslist.. :p
it dont matter where something made, it matters the quality it was built..
being able to do aluminum would be nice.. :)

Back