South Side Townie ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took the Townie for a ride on the South Side loop on Sunday. I hope the weather is as nice as it was that day for this Sunday's Pittsburgh Rat Rod Ride.
DSC00054copy.jpg

DSC00059copy.jpg

DSC00056copy.jpg

DSC00058copy.jpg

Hey, how ya liking your Townie? I recently picked up a matte red/black Townie 3, to try out for awhile. Looks like yours, but has the older style frame, and curved forks. It's a nice rider, indeed!

I have one also and have never riden a bike more comfortable. Mine is matte red also.

Stika said:
I have one also and have never riden a bike more comfortable. Mine is matte red also.

Alright....another red one! The funny thing is, I never had the ambition to buy a Townie. I have a Rat Fink, and a few Schwinns. After owning the Rat Fink, I knew I would at least appreciate the geometry of a Townie, but I never really thought they had a "cool" look. Then, one day I found a good deal on a red Townie on CL, and really like the way it looked, and all of a sudden had to have it. So......I bought it :D

For the price paid, I figured if I, and everyone else in my family, didn't like it, I could resell it at no loss, but after a unanimous family vote, it's a keeper!

Thats toooo cool!!! We could have a matte red townie gang....LOL Red Townie Rat Rod Ride....LOL. I love this bike!!!! I know exactly what you mean Rooski, never thought they looked really cool until I saw the matte red with the black wheels and I was sold. Its such a great ride!!!!!! My girlfriend has a Townie too, hers is that bright blue color. Have I said how much I love these bikes??....LOL.

Same here as far as intending to buy a townie. I was bike shopping with my wife, who insisted she must have a "stylish" cruiser, and took one on a test ride with her. I was going to Wally World and pick one for myself but couldn't get the townie's ride and comfort outta my head, so I took the plunge. Couldn't be happier. Don't know if I could ride regular geometry bikes after this one. The funny thing is after all of her "stylish" test rides and hearing me gloat, she got one too!!!

Latest posts

Back