Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

Reaction score
Here's my Spaceliner as I bought it a couple months ago:
fresh1.jpg

fresh2.jpg

fresh3.jpg

fresh4.jpg

I had a pretty good idea of how I wanted this to progress, but ran into some problems over the weekend. The horn/light batteries inside the tank exploded (probably long before I was born) leaving a giant corroded mess. So when I went to disassemble it, all the exterior plastic pieces basically disintegrated as soon as I took the screws out :cry:

But for now, I have the front end flipped (removed the fender) and Stingray mini-apes swapped in. Definite changes include the rack, rear fender reflector housing, and sprocket cover painted metallic black. If I can't salvage the stock tank then some kind of original headlight system will have to be made. I was hoping for red-wall Retrorunners, but I guess they are out of production.

Reaction score
Easy changes:
SDC10055.jpg

SDC10054.jpg

I also have a basic idea of how I want to salvage the tank. Crossing my fingers that the control panel isn't too far gone......

Reaction score
More superfluous before I start doing any real work. I found these beautiful redwall tires last week.

sdc10062dw4.jpg

sdc10063pu0.jpg

Unfortunately they are a bit knobbier than I thought and don't fit under the rear fender. I really wanted to keep it, but I like the tires even more.

Once I get some motivation, I'll tear this apart and start polishing the chrome and stripping paint.

Reaction score
Sharp!.I'd use those tires, instead of using a fender, ANY day!

Latest posts