Spaceliner from Michigan

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another Michigander here.

Hi to all....I need some help in a search for some parts. In last November I scored a 1964 Spaceliner in great condition, will I guess you could call it 'Barn Fresh'. Anyway, the chrome cleaned up really good for her age and I have started the restro work. The tank and rear rack I have painted with auto paint that came close to the org color still left on the rack, tank and front fork. The plastic parts, reflector housing, sprocket cover and dash board just came back from the chrome shop. I almost scored a complete tank with the plastic trim, clear lens, lights and battery box off ebay last week but the winning bid would of put my bike budget beyond the National debt. So my help I am asking all is if you know of anyone who may have spare parts or bike restorers who maybe able to help me out. Please let me know.
I will try to figure how to load pics of her for all to see.
MoparPaul :)

Welcome to the site. Member JoeyMac is a spaceliner nut, he may have some parts for you.

Greatings from Spaceiner from Michigan.

Question to all...I am still in the search of a chrome or chromable (?) headlight trim piece. Since this is the first thing to break or shatter when you first nose dive the bike into the ground, the trim piece is the hardest part to locate. If anyone has a repairable piece then I will work on making a copy out of resin.
Another question, has anyone worked with fiberglass in making trim pieces like the headlight cover. I would be very interested if someone has the headlight trim and a lense.

Spaceliners are Kool!!!!!

MoparPaul

Hello MoparPaul,

I have owned a half dozen or so Spaceliners and have some various parts for them in my parts piles,what are you looking for and is your 64 a men's or ladies frame? I am having a difficult time trying to get some pic's on here for the swap meet and to display my Spaceliner rat rod but will keep trying.I have various other vintage bike parts and accessories-good used and N.O.S. that i have collected over the years,this is just a hobby for me as i like playing with old bikes in my spare time so let me know what you need and maybe i can help you out. Keep the wheels turning!

Torpedo.

Back