Spaceliners-AngelWing and DevilWing (AngelWing updated 10/9)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still not done with my Spaceliner muscle bike, but that doesn't mean I can't start a couple more builds. I found these frames for pretty cheap, and I started collecting parts right away, in Red and White, kinda like the Devil and Angel on my shoulders, one telling me "hey, look at those Spaceliner frames, you should get those!" and the other saying, "no, save your money, you have enough already!" Well, obviously, the Devil won here, but I'll still pay tribute to the Angel with the white version.

2460252899_e2179442cc.jpg

2461086796_9802be3e1d.jpg

2460250631_8f688e5349.jpg

2460250179_43567d38a9.jpg

2446490621_6195a17d25.jpg

2446488193_77dd04b14b.jpg

So I still need some parts and to do a lot of cleaning, and I am going to paint the tank on the girl's bike white too, but I am already pretty stoked. One issue I am going to have, and I need some advice. The forks and truss rods are made to take a much smaller axle, the 2.125 wheels I bought don't fit. Can I replace the axle? Or should I file out the forks and truss rod holes to make them fit? Any Ideas?

Re: a couple more Spaceliners...

file em out an make im fit. i did that on my b/t that i just posted an it works just fine.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Do it! Look'n good so far! Just saw one of those mens tanks on Ebay with just the frame and light bezel for cheap! might be able to custom up a LED!(think there's 4 days left) :wink:
L8 EM

Can't wait to see them done! Gonna be a nice pair!

you SHOULD be able to replace the axle with a thinner one....if not you can file a flat spot on each side if the axle to thin it enough to slide in(id check with your lbs to see if they have an axle thatll work though...alot less work :wink: )

Nice liners...
Where's you get the tires? I'd like to get ahold of a couple sets.

i saw these and it inspired me to take mine out for a ride :D i love em, hey if you need a spaceliner chaingaurd i took mine off and im not using it.

Fair Lane said:
Nice liners...
Where's you get the tires? I'd like to get ahold of a couple sets.

there's a guy who sells on ebay who also has a website where he apparently sells Bowden Spacelanders: http://www.nostalgiamerchant.com

I guess he has a store based out of Boston.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, more parts are starting to arrive:
2470872277_1358323eb3.jpg

A Brooks B66 for the red bike, and a B72 for the white. I need to try to manufacture a couple of bent seatposts, unless someone has a couple extra?

2471696042_4233c4b01f.jpg

I don't know what this tank is from, but it fits on the boys Spaceliner when turned upside down like this. I just have to rig up some mounts. And of course those pedals are for the same bike.

More to come!

wow man !!! your the spaceliner king !!! really cool bike addiction your inflicted with :D and those pedals are fantastic !!!

CARP!!!!

was just lookin at bent seat post online

ill try and remember where though

Re: a couple more Spaceliners... AngelWing and DevilWing

DevilWing is nearing Completion (check the build-off thread for details):

2673907830_87b27e34f3_b.jpg

Finally clears up room on the bike stand to start AngelWing:
2670842606_ce9418d1a1_b.jpg

2670018433_1ba62d784e_b.jpg

Imagine this with white tank, rack, chainguard, pedals, grips, chain, and hub shiners.

more to come.

Latest posts

Back