Spare parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whilst I was working on the wife's bike, scrounging parts off of an old Raleigh I found somewhere, somehow other parts were making their way onto the Raleigh and since I couldn't finish off the wife's bike due to the lack of wheels I had to finish something.

bikes013-1.jpg

bikes016.jpg

bikes014-1.jpg

nice ride.. love the townie/roadster look. Great Bar Hopper.

Thanks guys! The tire's are 26 x 1.5. I'm thinking of getting something a little more knobbier in the tire department and maybe lighter bars and seat post to do some light trails with it. Also have been lookin' at those sweet Yanco pads, just haven't hit the buy it now.....yet. My wife said the same thing about christmas. :lol:

For what I take to be a spur of the moment project, this is a great build.

Really digging the wheel/tire combo. Are those the Nimbus Armadillo tires? They are supposed to be bullet proof. Care to comment on the ride. I am considering a set for my daily commuter.

cman said:
Reminds me of a Christmas tree :lol: :lol:

I couldn't figure out why this bike made me feel "happy"! :lol:

slacker said:
For what I take to be a spur of the moment project, this is a great build.

Really digging the wheel/tire combo. Are those the Nimbus Armadillo tires? They are supposed to be bullet proof. Care to comment on the ride. I am considering a set for my daily commuter.

Thanks! Those are Nimbus's and I don't know about bullets but they are shattered glass, thorns and nails lying sideways proof. They are also very thick, kinda like a balloon tire but more of a thud than a squish if you know what I mean. They already have a few miles on them from being on previous builds but you'd never know it, these will last a long time. :mrgreen:

GodHatesCleveland said:
She's a rat alright!

I'm curious about the stem, as a way to make the smaller frame sizes more comfortable. I noticed that one holds the handlebars out front a couple of inches. Do you still get a good feel for the steering?

Thanks! It has such a slack head tube angle I barely noticed any difference, especially with the touring bars. If I had a straight bar on it I'm sure it would be a different story and less comfortable. :mrgreen:

Back