Special Olympics Rat Rod Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So last summer my aunt asked me to build a trike for a friend of the family in Montana who just won three gold medals in Special Olympics.His name is Adrian,he's 15 and has never rode a bike before because of balance.They wanted it to gold and custom.Only problem was they needed it done in a month so we could surprise him when they come to visit on 4th of July.So there I was a month into bonine build and now im building a trike too. I didnt even have a trike to start with. All I could find was a bent worksman trike frame a friend in the local bike club had.I cut off the front half that was bent and added front of a murrey cruiser.Laced my first set of wheels for the rear.Made a tank plate.I thought gold frame would clash with chrome so I decided to go black bike and paint all chrome gold.With limited time and budget I think it came out ok.He loves it,riding around with his little dog in the basket.
2014-07-01182141_zps21aff187.jpg

Back