speedo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3-280031.jpg
this one

THE CHIEF said:
That's a classic.
I have a huret odometer on my Peugeot UO8.
It is two pieces, one goes on the hub and one on the skewer, and a small band connects the two.
Yours looks to be controlled by gears, but in a similar fashion.

funny U should ask

funny U should ask...I just installed one today!..first one [never wanted one till now], right out of the box..very old box [there wasn't any instructions]

IMG_0003cr.jpg

IMG_0003r.jpg

IMG_0004r.jpg

IMG_0002rb-1.jpg

IMG_0002r.jpg

It's actually easeir than it looks :shock: :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I would think that wheel size wouldn't matter. Most speeds are being taken close to the axel, so I wouldn't think that wheel size would matter there. But, I could be mistaken. I'm a musician, not an engineer.

jeff

ive seen several brand x's at the LBS for 27 & 26 universal, then one for a 20 and another for a 16. so maybe theres not much of a difference to matter, i guess if you wanted to be totally accurate you wouldnt mind gettin a digital but who the heck would want that ?

So, what unit is the speed measured in? Because if its MPH, the 50/60 top speed ones are HILARIOUS!

i bought mine on ebay, and i saw a few diff ones and i think they do go by tire size ill post pics when i get it

Cool!! I just installed one yesterday!
447063885_1dbfe5d5f7.jpg

It wasn't very easy, haha!
They come in different wheelsizes. Every turn the little wheely-thing makes equals the distance of your wheel going round once. So put a 28" one on a 20" wheel and your going really really fast! :D
I had to drill through the 'little wheely-thing', because the axle of the frontwheel is thicker than the hole in the 'little wheely-thing'.
The nut on the axle was also too big to fit inside the 'little wheely-thing', so I had to find a smaller nut with the same thread.
The whole thing had to be squeezed in (no drop-outs on this moped-fork, could have made them, but I didn't :lol: )
I thought the cable was going to be too short, but it made it...
Cool thingy!!
447063891_f78b891dc0.jpg

i am geting ready to put one on my western flyer, ill post pics when im done

Back