Speedway Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I have a friend who works extra at a recycling yard, and there he found this Speedway frame:
SpeedBob002.jpg

Now he wants me to build it to a bike using this:
SpeedBob001.jpg

this sounds like a bad ... project so I jump right on, i'll get paid too!

after some "de-mocking" i put on the wheels and a pair of old moped handlebars, and I just thought it looked awesome! Looks like a bobber!
SpeedBob006.jpg

Now im torn, should I make this a bike for him or should I tell him to get an engine and make a motorcycle/moped from it?!

Get a briggs and stratton 8 horse for it! We sweet.

okay!
I've decided to not do anything with the frame, nor do a bolt on solution... It's to tricky and the frame is to wide...

I would do an electric bike with it!

it would just be great..if its ever for sale, let me know...

VicXsaN said:
Motorising it wolud be awesome, but there are many unknowns
wich make it interresting!

I cried myself to sleep with jealousy of you and your friend having this bike in your hands! :cry:
The Speedway and Ice racers are what really hooked me on motorcycles!

What if you build a fake Jawa engine with pedals and stuff into the beast? Bottom end holds the crank and the cylinder is insulated to hold ... oh.... ah, I don't know..... beer?! Keep it speedy but make it a bike!

I'm tearing up again, :cry:
Chainsaw

hehe, we haven't really given up yet... wonder if he wants to make it a pedal-moped, you know a bicycle/moped :p

Back