Spitfire rework

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Spitfire that will get reworked soon. I've been going back a forth with the idea of keeping the patina or not. I've decided to go half and half. I found, by accident tonight that the oil filled hub was made in Germany with an 18 tooth rear gear. Now to get a big one for the front. 8) Gotta work on getting the brakes to work better first. Then maybe I'll get started painting the wheels.

alleyopp032.jpg

alleyopp026.jpg

I just bought one of them, only it is green (exact same paint scheme) and has the matching green and white Schwinn seat

mine is a 24 inch......I assume yours is 26?

I am also contemplating leaving it in Patina.

I think I will store the wheels and tires, seat, bars away in case I ever want to "restore" it, and set it up with modern 24" wheels with a nexus 3 spd coaster and a cool seat, bars and grips.

My 11 year old can use it as his "Rod Run Bike" when we go to weekend runs.

I am also on the lookout for a springer, but figure my chances of finding a matching green or cream one are low ....... if I can find an old springer in another colour or with crap chrome I will have a go at doing a fake patina job on them in cream.

Wooops .......... Hijack :oops:

So....what are the plans for YOUR spifire :mrgreen:

Back