Spray Bomb Anodizing Araya's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried the spray bomb anodizing paint I think made by Dupont? I am wanting to do my new found 26" Araya's in a red anodize :shock: I don't want it to look like I spray bombed them though. Thoughts?
Bikes5044.jpg

Those are the ones everybody wants. Anodizing is a chemical that they wipe on clean aluminum and it stains them. You might get your rims really clean and then go by a window manufacturing company and see if they have the stuff you need to do it. They use all different kinds on aluminum windows.

I used the Krylon X-metals on some chrome rims. I imagine it will go on Alloy rims easier and be more durable.

e14b25eb.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm gonna try the anodizing paint on something else first just to check on the outcome before using it on the rims. The wipe on dye sounds interesting Uncle Stretch, I never heard of that. I'll have to check that out.

look up anodizing online its a farly simple process you just need battery acid and distiled water and you can buy the dye online or just use fabric dye (RIT) you can use a battery charger for a power source if you dont have one I can give you more info on it if you need it

Ya , I was checking out the home anodizing idea but thought it would be a pain with things like wheels being so big. I found someone in Toronto who does anodizing,cnc machining, and all kinds of other custom stuff and they will do the 4 wheels I have and hand levers, chainring for $100. I didn't think that sounded bad at all. At least I know they will be done properly. Might get that done next week.

Yeah it would be kind of difficult to find something big enough to get the wheels into. But sounds like your getting a good deal for getting it done.

Latest posts

Back