Spray can vs Powder coating

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oz,urethanes wont cure without that hardener.Never.... That stuff is bad to breathe. But yea, use the base coat paint and reducer, it drys flat and quik. Then clear with even a generic clear from ur paint shop. It will hold up great.
Or lacquer color, THEN clear with urethane.

B607 said:
With powder coat, you are limited to one color. I'll take a rattle can job with 2 or 3 colors and graphics anyday over a one color job. Gary

Well yeah, that's true. You can get creative though. This bike was powder coated, then the fork tube was spray painted white. The accents on the frame and the pinstripes on the fenders are vinyl adhesive...like on truck lettering. I like it...that's what counts.

9063859_orig.jpg

You can't beat the durability of powder coating. One problem with it though, is if you plan on changing to a different color after powdercoating, it's a real booger to remove. Sandblasting is about the only way & believe me it takes a while. So, if you are gonna stick with that color for a long time PC it! If not, paint it. Just my .02 worth!

Back