Spring Springer ,HAVE PICS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Usually I dont sell.....the really cool stuff, but last week I had to sell a couple of springers, that ,well I don't come across very often. I really did not want to sell them but they became sacrificed for a springer I am buying today, I don't know what it came from but it has truss bars working with the springer, I never seen one before, I will get pics tommorow, and eventually trying to buy the rest of this guys collection, including Cadet speedo's , racks, jc higgins pedals at least ten sets. And the Icing on the cake is 6 beautifully restored tank bikes ....under his house sitting in the dirt :shock: he wants to keep most but he talked about letting go of a 24" tank bike....he also had a restored Western Flyer version of the X53..............he's into folk art now :roll: So I guess I will have to look for Gnomes in backyards :lol:

Looks like a Rollfast (H.P.Snyder) springer....nice!

NICE SCORE !!! looks like a full floating springer fork, ive never seen one but its quickly became my favorite !!!

yes Jim, it is a Rollfast fork, I have a couple myself, be sure to check the bushings, as they tend to wear, great score there :mrgreen:

shouldn't be too hard to fab up a set of spacers. i'd probably incorparate a set of teflon washers also.
should help in bridging the cap between "wobbly wheel" and "so tight theres no suspension."

i'm assuming the truss bars bolt to the front of the forks?

not in original state but i think this is what you are looking for.

php531FJdPM.jpg

pretty sure those truss rods are in the wrong place.

icyuod2 said:
pretty sure those truss rods are in the wrong place.
I agree, and it looks like the fender is bolted to the axle . . . I don't think that will fly either unless it is bolted under the spring also. Looking at G.S.C.s photo of the fork, I don't see how that happens.
I dig that bike though! 8)

Heres one that unchained here on the board had.........he may be able to tell you a little more about the pieces your missing or a least have some better pictures of it.

30mpfcw.jpg

Back