Squeaky Rat Fink Saddle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an Electra Rat Fink and absolutely love the bike but the noisy seat almost drives me crazy. The squeaking is coming from the two springs just underneath the seat. How can I stop this squeaking from my seat or at least tone it down some?? Thanks in advance,

-Wade.

Oh man i have an electra seat on my Roadmaster, I have tried all kinds of things to stop the skeaking nothing works except riding it i guess, After about 2 years mine stopped. I feel your pain man. Or should i say i hear your pain

try adjusting the nuts under each spring on bottom of saddle (may need tightened)
then use some LPS or other spray lube (not wd40) to completely soak springs, bolts etc
oh, may want to remove saddle (with seatpost still attached is ok) from bike first (will eliminate cleanup of excess lube)
guarantee with proper adjustment and lube all will be quiet
I'm a fanatic about any squeaks, clicking etc. so I do this even on brand new saddles
hope this helps, good luck

the old squeeky seat trick! well my friend i myself have had squeeky seats on bikes and it turned out to be where the seat rails terminate at the front nose of the saddle not the springs them selves although i had one bike that had squeeky springs what i do is get a can of dry teflon spray lube tri flow used to make a good one but others are out there just spray the rail at the nose of the seat and get a very heavy person to sit on the seat so they open the rear springs up and spray that dry teflon on the springs have the person bounce up and down a little too and spray the whole seat assembly and voila no more squeeks! as hunter used to say works for me! :lol:

Back