Starliner ride in ICT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a short ride with the camera on the Starliner, my RRBBO4 bike. It was a beautiful day. Here are a few pics.
The rocket at Riverside Park,
the rocket has been part of the play ground equipment ( it used to have a slippery slide come out of it) in the park forever that I know of. But, a couple of years ago the city removed all of the old play ground to replace it with the new OSHA approved play ground and was going to remove the rocket, but the people of Wichita spoke up and requested that the rocket NOT be removed and our city father listened, thats rare. So it remains but only as a sculpture, the ladders and slide removed.
strlnr071.jpg

The Keeper of the Plains
a monument to the Indian heritage of Wichita. This is the most beautiful place in the city. It was revamped a couple of years ago with walk bridges to the rock peninasula that bring the Big and Little Arkansas rivers together. It now has information wall about the indian tribes that once lived in this area, and the wonderful metal sculpture made by Indian artist Black Bear Bosin some thirty years ago. At night there are flames that burn from the rock in the river. The Coasters BC rides there often on our thursday night ride.
strlnr072.jpg

strlnr073.jpg

Exploration Place
This is the children and science museum, with some permenant displays and where many of the national and international science traveling exhibits are displayed. Where I have a piece of my artwork on permanent display in the aviation exhibit, It is a P51 Mustang made of license plates and Mustang car parts, titled "Mustang Pilots License".
strlnr075.jpg

This is a torpedo memorial to those Navy seamen who lost their lives in submarines, a part of the Veterians Memorial Park along the river
strlnr077.jpg

The Tripodol, a sculpture in front of the Century II convention center. When this sculpture was first purchased by the city in 1970, there was contorversy such that some of the city officials about lost their jobs. Fortunately, the people of Wichita began to understand the value of art in the city, and we have many wonderful sculptures throughout the city.
strlnr078.jpg

The Jester
another scuplture in the Century II convention center. I think he likes the Starliner.
strlnr080.jpg

Hope you enjoyed a short ride about Wichita.

Where is this "Wichita" you speak of ? Ha! Great pics Dan. the first pick brings back memories i used to crawl around in one of those rockets when i was a kid "dating myself " so that must be a antique by now?

Wow, great shots of some great spots!
Lovin' the bike, too.
I'd like to see a pic of that P51 Mustang sculpture of yours, too!

Latest posts

Back