start of the gender bending

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following the gender bender work of necessaryevil, i finally started doing it on my bike.
bike were originally for the wife, but she seems to have no interest with it, she even call it ugly!! her lost :D
DSCF1076.jpg

hack the top bar.
DSCF1296.jpg

DSCF1291.jpg

DSCF1279.jpg

need to get something for the mid-tube, and find me a welder :)
DSCF1278copy.jpg

Nice job,
Here are 3 of mine. I'm going to start one right now. I'm board right now and I have more girl frames than I can shake a welder at.
S5032059.jpg

nice frames you got there!! and you also have the rbr seats, i just got one and will share seats with my other bike.

thats great man!!!

didn't like the curve i have on the top bar, got a pipe today and re-do some some. i also thought i could re-use the pipe and use it as a mid-bar, but it ended up too low. i'll re-do it again tomorrow and hope to get the welder too.
DSCF1301.jpg

DSCF1304.jpg

Looking better, for sure move up the lower bar. I was wrong that it took an hour to re-do my gender change last night. It took 2, then probably an other hour with the dremel. Anyway here is a mockup of mine.
S5032090.jpg

And the Huffy Saratoga Gender Change
S5032091.jpg

Yeah! You're on the right track. I like the last mock-up of the twin-bar set up. Even if the mid bar is a lil low.
I've seen a couple before that looks like sinner4's completed bike in his first pic. I'm about to build almost the same thong as soon as a few (dozen) other projects out of the way. Rock on.

By the way, (yeah I spell it out rather than common web abrvs) I have not yet owned my own welder and am working on my 4th modified frame. It's about who you know!

dude you're in pasadena?? i might go there at harbor freight and look at the cheap welder they have on sale.

got my cheap welder, gave me hard time at first, wire keeps on getting stuck on the tip, but finally got the feel on it.
welded the top bar, grind some, and made an angled seat post. still have to get the tube for the mid bar.
DSCF1310.jpg

DSCF1311.jpg

DSCF1312.jpg

finally got the mid bar on. pipe came from an old folding ikea chair, diameter and thickness is almost on point.
grinded the welds, just need that putty paste thing uncle stretch is using, can't find it in home depot.
then paint it flat brown.
DSCF1314.jpg

DSCF1317.jpg

future mods(not in particular order) will be:
1. all the seats i have doesn't look right, i'ma need to look around for a nicer seat.
2. wood plate for the mid bar.
3. having someone thread a SS rod for the truss bar.
4. steel pedals.
5. reverse brake handle, partial hiding of cables.
6. relocate shifter, and look for a vintage looking lever.

wish i could change the tires, but the rims looks odd size, and not enough space in the fork and chain/seat stay.
thats all for now.
sid

just a little update on the built :)
bondoed the weld and smoothen out, still not good but it will do. spray bomb it with gray primer, then used the left over gloss white paint on the front. also got the reverse brake lever from BeatCad(thanks again), but will prolly modify the original lever(make it reverse) later.
DSCF1383.jpg

DSCF1386.jpg

DSCF1387.jpg

Back