Steampunk bike project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome,the cool thing about steampunk is there are so many ways to do it i.e all polished/all flat with polished accents/rusty/and combinations that are showroom or dirty/greasy and endless styles,I watchin dis

awesome,the cool thing about steampunk is there are so many ways to do it i.e all polished/all flat with polished accents/rusty/and combinations that are showroom or dirty/greasy and endless styles,I watchin dis
I'll get some more pics up of the progress on the project. Yep, hard to over or under do, Steampunk.

Oh, and the tank. Cut the end out of it, found a Revereware pot lid that fit perfect, attached it with a strap hinge. Water faucet knob for the handle.
With it closed.
And ajar.
Now that is friggen coooool. I have not seen that done before, I may try something with that in the future.

How about wrapping the sides of the dash board on a brass stripe attached with a bunch of brass screws? Would give it some more texture as I call it.

How about wrapping the sides of the dash board on a brass stripe attached with a bunch of brass screws? Would give it some more texture as I call it.
Now you come up with that idea, LOL! Just so happens I have a piece of kick plated that is solid brass, may do it! Thanks for the input!

Today, I installed the center panel. Might add one or two, do-dads, it is 99.5% complete, though.

A couple of do-dads that I had laying around. An old, 120 camera and an antique flashlight. Took some scrap leather, wrapped it around and laced it up with paracord. May work up a way to attach the flashlight to the bike some where, if not, I'll just put it in the tank when I ship it off.

That looks cool man. Some of the purists wont like it but that's ok. Steam Punk is pretty cool. I never knew about it until I saw an episode of Bar Rescue where a bar was turned into a steam punk theme an I fell in love with the idea.

That looks cool man. Some of the purists wont like it but that's ok. Steam Punk is pretty cool. I never knew about it until I saw an episode of Bar Rescue where a bar was turned into a steam punk theme an I fell in love with the idea.
Thanks for the great comment. The next bike build will be pure "Rat." Just took a break and made some bucks with a custom order. Next build, I am going to actually weld something for the first time ever.

Today was the day that I delivered the Steampunk project bike to its new owner. It is a friend of mine that I follow on YouTube that lives in New Mexico. She was in Oklahoma, visiting her grand kids and we met in Joplin, Mo. to get the bike to her. She was tickled pink. I put on some steampunk-like attire and posed on the bike.

Back