BO15 SteamRoller - Finished 1st THANKS!! - CompareTwinWinsVerBotenSteamRoller

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooooooh, will there be lighting?

Not sure, but there is still this banana hanger fairing grille light shroud idea floating around in my head.

7D2B8B94-CBB6-4FF0-8027-0D7616C9CBEA.jpeg

Last edited:
The mailman delivered a purdy distraction today.

1593023251256.png

Distracted by aluminum again. The Tortuga forks arrived. Man, these things are beautiful!!!!!
I just had to test them on my Hextreme Silver King Hex Tube aluminum parts mule.

20200624_141311.jpg
20200624_142144.jpg
20200624_143532.jpg

Last edited:
EHHH...I DUNNO B!! THE MORE YOU KEEP TOYING WITH THAT OTHER BIKE IS MAKING ME THINK A SWITCHEROO IS IN EFFECT. OR IS THE DISTRACTION A KNACKING TO GET A REACTION ...HOLD UP.. I'M ON PAGE 2. SLACKING
CYMERA_20200625_074009.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Not sure, but there is still this banana hanger fairing grille light shroud idea floating around in my head.

View attachment 126436

Looking at this photo makes me feel like I'm about to get Kingfished again.

Because my thought when I see that is "what... it looks exactly like you sat a banana hanger on the front of your bike, why would you want that?"

But I've had very similar thoughts in other KF build off threads and then been shocked at the end result. Kingfished!

EHHH...I DUNNO B!! THE MORE YOU KEEP TOYING WITH THAT OTHER BIKE IS MAKING ME THINK A SWITCHEROO IS IN EFFECT. OR IS THE DISTRACTION A KNACKING TO GET A REACTION ...HOLD UP.. I'M ON PAGE 2. SLACKINGView attachment 126660

1509353662_curly-howard-height-weight-body-measurements.jpg

EHHH...I DUNNO B!! THE MORE YOU KEEP TOYING WITH THAT OTHER BIKE IS MAKING ME THINK A SWITCHEROO IS IN EFFECT. OR IS THE DISTRACTION A KNACKING TO GET A REACTION ...HOLD UP.. I'M ON PAGE 2. SLACKING

Nothing secret going on at the Stoogeworks. Nothing at all. Trust me. Pay no attention to the Stooge behind the curtain.

1593101416792.png

Last edited:
Looking at this photo makes me feel like I'm about to get Kingfished again.

Because my thought when I see that is "what... it looks exactly like you sat a banana hanger on the front of your bike, why would you want that?"

But I've had very similar thoughts in other KF build off threads and then been shocked at the end result. Kingfished!

Kingfished. :D :D That is funny.

Whenever I mock something up on my builds, you can't look at them for what they were made for. You've got to put on your fisheye lenses to see what the item COULD be.

Sitting on a table this is nothing but a nanner hanger. But that is not what I saw when I picked it up at a yard sale.

1593101819708.png

Looking through fisheye lenses, this is potentially a grill, a fairing, a place to mount a headlight in the circular base.

1593101741459.png

Kingfished. :D :D That is funny.

Whenever I mock something up on my builds, you can't look at them for what they were made for. You've got to put on your fisheye lenses to see what the item COULD be.

Sitting on a table this is nothing but a nanner hanger. But that is not what I saw when I picked it up at a yard sale.

View attachment 126679

Looking through fisheye lenses, this is potentially a grill, a fairing, a place to mount a headlight in the circular base.

View attachment 126678

Yuh huh
1593102507724.png

That back part wouldn't be on there so you have to ignore that piece. :D :D :D
I have zero doubt that you can make it look like a bad .... fairing that no one would ever recognize as a banana hanger. I've been in this situation enough times with your builds to know that if you want to make a potted plant look like an aerofoil, you'll do it.

I have zero doubt that you can make it look like a bad .... fairing that no one would ever recognize as a banana hanger. I've been in this situation enough times with your builds to know that if you want to make a potted plant look like an aerofoil, you'll do it.

Good eye, you spotted my other Stoogeworks project.

1593103504387.png

After shopping around for various 1" threaded steertube Monark style springers and trying to find one that 3" wide rims will fit AND has a long enough steertube, I came to the decision to go a different route.

I discovered these "Retro Ryder Headsets" which are 1 1/8 headsets that have had the bearing cups machined down to fit inside of older 1" headtubes. Basically they have been machined from a 34mm insertion diameter to a 32.5mm. They have been around for a while and there are references here on RRB of people that have used them in the past. I just ordered one today. Bit of an antiquated website with typos in there headers and such, but they are still alive.

http://www.genuinebicycleproducts.c...ldmAYzKbEhJPDYhpdKhVaJWsk5aaR0IqzQrIgmZfrywxk

1593109131521.png

After shopping around for various 1" threaded steertube Monark style springers and trying to find one that 3" wide rims will fit AND has a long enough steertube, I came to the decision to go a different route.

I discovered these "Retro Ryder Headsets" which are 1 1/8 headsets that have had the bearing cups machined down to fit inside of older 1" headtubes. Basically they have been machined from a 34mm insertion diameter to a 32.5mm. They have been around for a while and there are references here on RRB of people that have used them in the past. I just ordered one today. Bit of an antiquated website with typos in there headers and such, but they are still alive.

http://www.genuinebicycleproducts.c...ldmAYzKbEhJPDYhpdKhVaJWsk5aaR0IqzQrIgmZfrywxk

View attachment 126684
That is QUITE the website :crazy2::tmi:

That is QUITE the website :crazy2::tmi:

Yeah, my purchase is definitely not based on their webpage layout and design skills. But I have friends that been using them for years, so I feel confident in buying this item from them.

Yeah, my purchase is definitely not based on their webpage layout and design skills. But I have friends that been using them for years, so I feel confident in buying this item from them.

It's a great idea

The riches are in the niches they say

Back