stelber rail frame?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Picked up this frame the other day.Someone said that it was a stelber frame.
I guess that is cool but what is a stelber frame.
Thanks
100_0862.jpg

Re: stebler rail frame?

Cool! It is actually spelled stelber. They made some interesting and unique frames in their earlier days. I am building one in the buildoff actually. Yours is from later when they were making department store bikes I think. A great muscle bike frame though. You should look up how much Huffy Rail bikes go for!

Scott the seat post decal looks like a huffy but the forks look sears. Take a pic of the seat tube decal and the headbadge area. Also if it is a sears frame the rear bottom tubes from the crank housing to the rear drop outs will be round all the way not crimped in the front. I think they did that for extra room for the tire. Check the number on the left dropout

I just picked up a bike that looks just like this one with huffy badges on it. I was going to post some pictures of it tonight.

Chris

Not sure if forks are original.No paint on frame to compare to.I can not tell if that is paint or part of the decal on the down tube.
Thanks
100_0889.jpg

100_0888.jpg

100_0887.jpg

100_0886.jpg

It is a huffy frame but it looks like it was a lemon lime bike. Look at the paint under the seat tube decal. It is a 70 and up frame with the 2 bar top tubes. The left dropout will tell the year.

Jaxon said:
It is a huffy frame but it looks like it was a lemon lime bike. Look at the paint under the seat tube decal. It is a 70 and up frame with the 2 bar top tubes. The left dropout will tell the year.
I looked rite past that!!!!!!!!!!!! It sucks getting old.

For the record, Stelber was a NYC importer/wholesaler, and didn't make anything. But, they did import and sell bikes under their own name. I think most were from Daiumler/Steyr/Puch in Europe, had 3 piece cranks and oddball designs. They also shared parts with neighbors Chain Bike/Ross. This bike here is pure Huffy. -Adam

Latest posts

Back