Sting-Rat!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and this bike have a LOOOOOONG history together. The frame is all that's left of the 20" Typhoon I got for Christmas in 1966. I found it in my dad's garage attic a few years ago and brought it home. It still has the original Flamboyant Red paint, with 43 years worth of patina. I threw together the rest of the bike with as many crusty vintage parts as I could get my hands on; the only new stuff is the repop reflector and the chrome extended fork I got off of ebay. I just recently added the blue band kickback; I LOVE that thing! All I have left to do is add a wheelie bar, and I'll call 'er done.
Randy
100_3337.jpg

100_3338.jpg

100_3339.jpg

100_3340.jpg

100_3341.jpg

100_3342.jpg

100_3343.jpg

100_3344.jpg

that bike is perfect i want to build one like that now i have an example to look at. very very well done and the story behind it is great. oh and how the heck did you do the lettering on the guard that is the icing on the cake

YOU WIN AT BIKES !!!

2speed, checkerboard mirror, whitewalls, tall sissy..... after the wheelie bar i dont think it could get any better than that !!!

DUDE! That is one sick bike! :mrgreen: Super high sissy bar...Head light...Mirror...SICK!!! :mrgreen:

Man, thanks for all the kind words, guys! :D

To answer the questions: First, yes a "repop" is a reproduction. Second, the chainguard graphic was really pretty easy. I rubbed the "Y" off of the end of "Sting-Ray" with some coarse rubbing compound, then masked a "T" in its place with masking tape. I lightly sprayed it with rattlecan white primer. After I pulled off the masking tape, I lightly sanded the "T" with 600 grit sandpaper, and there ya have it! :D

Back