Sting Ray Tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get new tires/tubes for my Sting Ray "Fair Lady"...Is there anything special that I need to be aware of...

Here she is:

IMG_1073.jpg

they need to hold air ... :mrgreen:

there is nothing special about the tubes. off the shelf tubes will do fine.

EDIT ... but the tires need to be s-7 tires (20x1-3/4) ... which is not the same thing as a 20x1.75

Aren't some of them Schwinn S7's . Tubes are of the shelf but you may need to look for a Schwinn specific tire. I am not a Stingray expert but look for S7 or 26x 1 3/4". They are available though

cman said:
Aren't some of them Schwinn S7's . Tubes are of the shelf but you may need to look for a Schwinn specific tire. I am not a Stingray expert but look for S7 or 26x 1 3/4". They are available though

OH WOW, sorry i missed the
part, and cman is right, if they are original rims (and they look it) they will need schwinn S-7 tires.

bikeriderx said:
Thanks guys! S7 front AND rear?

S-7's is what fair lady's came with front and rear, yours looks like its original, but the wheels should be stamped "schwinn tubular S-7" on the rim, and the tires that fit them will usually say "for s-7 rims".

Yeah, S-7 tires front and rear. I think the rear might be a "gripper slick" which will be VERY hard to find in an S-7 size.

I have a couple NOS S-7 street tread tires if you're interested. I think they are Uniroyal? Let me know if you want more info I can dig them out.

Dan

Schwinn and their stupid goofy size tires!

I have had several schwinns with s-5 rims s-7 rims-16 and 20 inch. and my little bro has a 22"tire on his bike...I just picked up a lil chick in excellent condition with the exceptin of the rotted gripper slick. I just swapped the wheels out to save myself headaches and money. If danimal has some take him up on it.

I bought a new s-7 slick from Pete at hyper-formance.com about 10-12 years ago. He might still have some.

But I vote different wheels.

Thanks!
ratina said:
How bad are the tires on there? mainly the slik?
Reeeeal bad!
I've got an offer to sell the bike...so maybe I'm "outta 'da woods"...
Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back