stingray repop?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Seller wants $150
I am clueless with sringrays. Can anyone tell me What do these go for?

00f0f_WqOEz20vsq_600x450.jpg

Seems high for my area of the world. Also looks like the slik has been replaced with another tire. My friend sold one in similar condition last summer for $75 I think. And it took weeks on craigslist to get that.

Parts are all similar, but all different and inferior quality. Unless its brand new in the box, they top out at $150 in mint condition in my mind, and every defect subtracts from that.

If you find a Chicago Schwinn in that shape at that price, grab it. I have a hard time picturing Chinese replicas appreciating much above original price. I think they were like $89.95 brand new. Just my opinion.

Without the Slik, I wouldn't pay more than $50 for it.

i agree with kingfish . 50 bucks and that's being generous. these replicas are made of inferior parts and aren't worth anywhere near these "investors" think they are.

I have a lot to learn about Stingrays it seems...:banghead:
Me too. I'm just really getting deeper in it recently. I have a few nice rays but I really don't know if they have all the correct parts or not. I do know that they are FUN! Whether or not they are 100%correct. But Chicago built all the way!

There is only one TRUE StingRay.........And OCC built it!! :banana::rockout::banana::rockout::banana:

I've parted a few of these out and made well over 150 on each of them, of course all three of them still had the Slik .

~RafaeL~

I have always steered away from these reproductions, they look good but I agree the parts are just not very good. In the Chicago area it seems people like to try to sell these as they are the real deal and sometimes they claim they are Chicago Made, that gives me a good chuckle. Usually they just seem to sit and the price drops till someone bites. I agree on this one without the Slik $50, seems right. I once found a copy of the Black Friday ad and they were $88 new for that ad.

Around here they clearanced them all out for less than $20! Of course I had no job and no money. Or I would have bought them just for the slik and other various parts.

I am not going to even offer on it, but the last text the guy says "I think so, it is my Grandpas bike so I'd have to ask him" :lol:
Just trying to make it sound like it is old and original.

I got a hundred bucks for the last black friday I sold. I have seen a couple goofballs asking over two in my area but the ads stay on CL forever. Its all about condition my last one was like brand new if parts have been swapped out it isn't worth much.

id have paid that for an original like new repop all day anyday .it is all about condition.
around here a lot of ppl are trying to pass them off as old sting rays. but you can tell by the frame they are slightly different then the original old ones just gotta know what to look for.

Back