STINGRAYS, BOARDTRACKERS & CRUISERS RULE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from central Illinois, been a member for a few weeks, and I think its time to say Hi! My newest project is a 24'' Schwinn cantilever frame and fork, I got off Ebay a few months back. I put 24'' wheels off a girls mountain bike on it, with a 6 speed freewheel. I had a Lemon Peeler WAY back when, and wish I still had it. I've been wanting to build a slightly larger version, with a 26'' springer and 20'' front wheel. I will make a shifter for it, if I can't find my 5 speed Schwinn stick shift... haven't seen it for along time, or my 16'' Lemon Peeler front wheel, with the Atom brake, which I want to lace up to a 20'' rim. Any way I have an original Lemon Peeler chain guard, Mag sprocket, brake levers and rear brake caliper I will put on it. Haven't bought a springer yet, and will probably be awhile before I do, will leave the 24'' wheel up front for now. I have the original Schwinn stingray handlebars and stem on it now, off my '68 Schwinn Stingray, LOVE those bars! I will post a picture of what it looks like now, as soon as the sun comes out, and I can get a descent pic. Need to find a descent banana seat, repop's are way too much for me, and a lot of non-Schwinn seats have the sissy bar eyelets too far forward...not a good look. I also have an original '71 Schwinn Varsity, complete with immaculate fenders, only because they were taken off when it was new, a '71 Schwinn Racer Sturmey Archer 3 speed, just to name a few. I also have the frame from my very first bike, a 20'' pre-stingray, I will post a pic of that also, and maybe someone could identify it.

Latest posts

Back