STOCKING NEW BIKE PARTS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone out there have a good source to buy bike parts wholesale? i am wanting to start stocking parts after i get my garage built. there is no bike shop around, 25miles away any direction, so i think this will go over. i already do repairs, but am getting more calls for new parts. any help would be appreciated. :D

http://www.jbi.cc

It's not as simple as you would think. Most suppliers require a commercial store front, a sales tax license, and insurance, plus pictures of the shop and a bunch of hoops to jump through. I had a very difficult time getting my first account open. I got it at http://www.hawleyusa.com once I got one opened, it seemed easier to get more.

The insurance for me was one of my biggest problems.

If you have any questions, I will try and help.

Good luck!

Mike

well, i'm not going to jump through those kind of hoops, so i guess i will stock up on kenda tires during their sales and stores for other deals. thanks for the info.

I have a freind that buys through a hardware store with a small line of parts.
He places an order with the owner so the hws can keep the account open.
A lot of part plces ask for a $500 order at a time. Good luck

We have a LLC and I have never been asked for anything else. I think quanity will tell someone if your actually just messing around your garage or if you have a real business. The problem is eventually you will end up with alot of parts for backstock trying to meet the min. requirements. Most bike shops have alot of stuff. Watch what they have leftover when one goes out of business.
To me that would be where to get your parts. With the economy like it is bike shops are closeing everywhere and they would sell their parts really cheap if you would buy all of what they have.

Back