*STOLEN* Custom Swing bike in Utah

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Well it's been a crappy week so far. My wife and I moved back to Utah a couple years ago and when we did we downsized as much as we could to save money. That means we had what we had acquired over ten years being married in a storage bay. On Monday we got a call and somebody had broken in. When we got there it took a bit to realize how much stuff they had really taken. Now most of it was just stuff, annoying to have it gone but not a lot attachment to it. I am super bummed that they took the swing bike though. There were a lot of bike parts in there and they didn't touch most of it. Now I realize the odds of getting the bike or anything else back is slim to none. However I figured I would post a description and some pics and then if anybody spots it you can let me know. This isn't exactly a walmart bike and should stand out quite a bit, pretty much everything on it was custom. The lesson learned is to make sure you have insurance. We have renters insurance and it covers a storage unit. If not it would be a total loss. Again, I appreciate anybody keeping their eyes open especially if you are anywhere near or around Utah.

Frame was built by bikebuilder.
X53 springer
Model a taillight
70's era 5 speed disk setup laced to a 20" wheel
Schwinn friction shifter mounted under the seat
Shortened schwinn hockey stick chainguard.

DSC05197.jpg

DSC05220.jpg

DSC05222.jpg

DSC05216.jpg

DSC05240.jpg

DSC05229.jpg

DSC05246.jpg

DSC05251.jpg

DSC05228.jpg

DSC05236.jpg

DSC05224.jpg

DSC05247.jpg

DSC05196.jpg

sorry to hear about your misfortune mark. I remember that bike from years ago.i hope that it finds its way back to you in one piece.

I live in Provo. I'll post about it to all my friends to make sure the word gets out around here. I just bought one of the Swingbikes off of KSL, buts its an original.I'm sorry for your loss man. :(

In the thread I posted on RRB Tracked Down Through My Bike On The Internet I was trying to figure out how I had been found. A friend wrote It's possible he used Google Goggles, which is their reverse image search. You give it a picture (e.g., from his cell phone) and it compares it to a massive index of all public google imagery. Works well for buildings/sites, manufactured objects including bikes, etc. Perhaps if you use this APP you might be able to find your bike if the thief posts a photo. Good luck in finding this lowlife.

What city was it stolen from? Its seems like there are a lot of Swingbikes being sold out of UT this last few weeks....

Back