Straight 8 xtracycle?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was cleaning up some things and put the xtracycle beside the Straight 8 and did a double-take :) Seemed like a fun thing to do on a Saturday afternoon :)

I just need to add the cables for the brakes and 7-speed and then off to the beach for the maiden run!

Coolest longtail around!

Wheel swap looks great too !!! I've got a townie / xtracycle set-up that is pretty handy, more of a dad-mobile though. Did you mount the front of that straight to the fender tab / kickstand plate on the frame or are you using the little support bridge that comes with those kits ?
I'm using the bridge but had to add a piece of flat stock under it to keep it from slipping between the chain stays.

@CCR I mounted it right on the kickstand plate, but I also used the provided support piece under the kickstand plate for added rigidity. I rode it around a bit and LOVE the way it rides!

Very Nice!
I feel the feet forward stance of the Electra line look great with the Xtracycle, I have have a woman's Townie/Xtracycle conversion that looks and rides great.

Now you need to replace the rear deck with a long skate board....

Very nice. Bah(member) used to post his pictures of his Electra/Xtracycle fleet a long time ago. I always thought that would be a fun setup. I have an Xtracycle that is set up on a old MTB frame. It is the reason, I quit driving to work.

Back