STRANGE MAGIC

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any video clips of the 'Baron' in action?
I love this shot from the cockpit...
0D5E4D11-6C99-4667-B71A-1E664124D22B.jpeg

Here is a video from our LoCoMoFo ride. It is in a MP4 file format. Let's see if this works.

@Skydreamer , did you post the video with the Upload Video button? I even clicked on teh download button for your video and it was also just sound in the downloaded version.

1630000790491.png

What an awesome Manfred von Richthofen Low Flyer. This is an exceptional bike. Very good street presence. The builder knew what he was doing and the bike, with all its angles, fits him to a tee. Very cool custom bicycle build. Kingfish 254 your video with sound works just fine in California.

I resolved a couple of issues that were bugging me, One was the original head bearings just plain sucked and were the culprit of some head tube slop, This was fixed by replacing the head bearings with this FSA unit, works great.
Being the bike is soooooo long, the plan was to slide the forks out of the triple tree for transportation, it turns out re-indexing the length of the forks (even with collar clamps) on ever installation was a real pain. Plan "B", I needed to machine the drop outs on the mill so I can remove the front wheel without dropping the fork tubes out of the trip tree. I only slotted the inboard portion of the round drop outs as to keep the same look as I had originally visioned. Sorry for the fuzzy pick of the slot.

Latest posts

Back