BO15 StRATo Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just take some of the bend out on the rack bars going downward. That will bring it up horizontal. One other way would be to take some bend out of the frame's downtube which would change the angle of the whole front end, but would be more involved.

Mo betta! :)

AA1216F5-962B-44C1-8DA6-3062AF4CD342.jpeg

I tweaked the front forks forward and took it for a little spin this evening.

After digging through my parts stash I came with a pair of fenders that I think will look awesome. I’m going to test fit them sometime this week and see how they work out.
FD56E66D-74B3-4721-A1BC-B6A3EEB2A7DE.jpeg

Too much going on in the BO, I missed the post getting painted, looks good. I love all the tubes on those space bikes

Thanks!

So I’m sitting here at work waiting to get off to go test fit the fenders I found. I believe they will look awesome if they work out well.
I do have a contingency plan if they don’t with another pair that I’m sure will work, but I hope I can stay with option 1!

This is shaping up in a hurry.
Truss rods look great now.
THAT SEAT! WOW!

I almost didn’t try to clean up these rims, but after getting them off and actually feeling them, they still felt smooth and didn’t seem to have many spots at all that the chrome was actually flaky.

I am shocked at how well this front one cleaned up. If the rear one does the same, I’m going to use them.

I love these deep drop centers!
ECD2D1B3-C364-48CB-8482-CAEAE003AFFF.jpeg
D4BC3FA3-F099-4CE5-950C-BFE8D819F162.jpeg
CD4D752A-E2B9-44EC-9DD2-650F944961EB.jpeg
57820BC4-4721-43D2-97E8-240301C0A8E0.jpeg

I almost didn’t try to clean up these rims, but after getting them off and actually feeling them, they still felt smooth and didn’t seem to have many spots at all that the chrome was actually flaky.

I am shocked at how well this front one cleaned up. If the rear one does the same, I’m going to use them.

I love these deep drop centers! View attachment 118962View attachment 118963View attachment 118964View attachment 118965

Wowzers......

What's the cleanup method?

Red looks good .
Those pedal blocks... are a gas .:bigsmile:

Do you have : the round light for rear rack ?

I do not. Unless I happen to get lucky and find one, I’m going to come up with some sort of alternative for it.

I love these deep drop centers! View attachment 118962View attachment 118963View attachment 118964View attachment 118965
A Chicago Schwinn as a workstand! Livin' large! :bigsmile:

It is always satisfying to clean up old real chrome like that.

A Chicago Schwinn as a workstand! Livin' large! :bigsmile:

Ballin’! :)

That frame is actually a build I’m supposed to be working on, but the Strato Flyer, the Huffy muscle bike, and Rollfast have taken precedence over it. I’m changing the bars and the seat is trash, so it made as good a stand as any! :)

It is always satisfying to clean up old real chrome like that.

Old chrome is way better than new in how well it will clean up sometimes.

Speaking of that, the next thing I’m going to tackle is the chrome chainguard. I’m going to try to loosely reproduce the look of black and red decal on the black accented Strato Flyers. My challenge is that I have a dent in my guard, so I’m going to try to come up something that will kinda hide that.

I’m going to try to carry the red, black, chrome theme in the guard and rear rack to try to match the head badge decal.
4AE32AC0-1FBA-457D-B825-5BF280AD7149.jpeg
90618D0F-E587-4BD0-8FDE-AA64BE3039AA.jpeg

67BDB401-50B7-469F-8DAA-3B75E1767F2D.jpeg

Last edited:
Back