Strawberry Milk - Continued in the RRB BUILD OFF #6 section

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As my "Never too late..." http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=40533 project is getting close to completion I felt it was time for another project. As the "Never too late..." bike could be considered a typical male bike maybe a girls bike would be appropriate this time. We are two of each in our family anyway so why not? Asked my daughter what color bicycle she would want and she ordered a pink bicycle with white/cream tires, black saddle and grips. She also said that I might paint some flames on it since I seem to like that... hmmm, kids...

Anyway, here we go.

Strawberry_Milk-vi.jpg

Here´s what I am starting with:

2795-vi.jpg

What´s above is the remains of a 28" womans Crescent Swedish brand bicycle and the parts from it I am planning to use. The rear rim is shot and has to be replaced and that´s why there´s three rims in the pic.

The following parts has been ordered from different sources, mostly Ebay, local online shops and it´s all on its way:

UNTOURPOWERTHUMBBICYCLESHIFTER-vi.jpg

A Suntour shifter

002-vi.jpg

A front light

003-vi.jpg

Pink pedals

004-vi.jpg

Pink rear lights

005-vi.jpg

Schwalbe Delta Cruiser tires

Grips-vi.jpg

Electra grips

Saddle-vi.jpg

Electra saddle, unfortunately the seller of this saddle on Ebay didn´t ship worldwide, but I have a buddy living just outside Houston that helps me with this.

Looked at several pink girls/womans bicycles and so far i think this color combination is the best looking:

PhatSeaBreezeDeLuxe-vi.jpg

Gonna start working on this project as soon as the "Never too late..." is finished within a couple of days.

Håkan

Re: Strawberry Milk

Thanks,

The first parts showed up today, the front light and the shifter. Here´s how I LED:ed the light:

2895-vi.jpg

Modified the sheet metal thingie inside the light, glued a small battery pack to it and bolted a piece of plastic holding four LED:s with small reflectors in there.

2896-vi.jpg

Also added a small switch.

2901-vi.jpg

2903-vi.jpg

Not very bright, but it´ll do.

Håkan

All the parts for this project has arrived now, well, the saddle has arrived at my buddy´s in the US, but that will be handled.

Unfortunately I made a miscalculation regarding the wheels as they are not 28" meaning the Schwalbe Delta Cruiser tires I bought won´t fit them and I only have one 28" spare rim available :cry: . We´ll see what I can come up with to solve that situation. The tires are definitely going on the bike no matter what.

Tonight I cleaned the frame, covered in in rust protection and painted it together with the fork in pink:

2933-vi.jpg

2934-vi.jpg

2937-vi.jpg

Håkan

Why don't you switch it to the RRBBO6 thread and enter it. Step throughs are always welcome...This bike looks like its going to be SWEET!

Nice build bud. Yeah enter it in the buildoff. Why not?!? Represent for your daughter. She'll be proud seeing her bike on here. NOW GET TA BUILDIN' PEACE

Okay, okay!

I´ll move the rest of this build into the RRBBO6 section. I wasn´t thinking it would even qualify compared to what I´ve seen there, but why not?

Was hoping that should be able to get some clearcoat on the frame and fork today, but as it´s cold, ~55F and as I do my painting out in the carport I better wait for warmer weather. Meanwhile I working on the fenders and on LED:ing the cute little rear lights:

2910-vi.jpg

2914-vi.jpg

Håkan

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Those are cool, what are they originally from? Is the lens pink?

cheers,
Dr. T

Yes, I like them very much myself, perfect fit for a bicycle, they are listed on Ebay as "SIGNAL LIGHT PINK VINTAGE BICYCLE NOS RALEIGH SCHWINN" and here´s the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNAL-LIGHT-PINK-V ... 4aa2835bd9 It took a week for them to get from Thailand to Sweden after I bought them.

The lens is pink, as they are sold as a pair I tested to paint one of the lenses in transparent red and it worked out fine. I´ll show pictures of it later on in the RRB BUILD OFF #6 section to where I moved this project. The chromed housing is made of brass and the slightly dull chrome polished up really nice on mine. The Ebay seller says he/she found them in an old store where they had been kept for over 30 years.

Same Ebay seller have them available in blue also: http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNAL-LIGHT-BLUE-V ... 4aa2836482

IMG_1553.jpg

Håkan

This bike is MORE than worthy! :wink:

Back