Stream-Flex (changed from H.R.Puff-n-Stuff)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: H.R. Puff-N-Stuff (most likely change that)

ah. got it. :lol: sweet!

exactly, the front seems easy enough, the rear poses several problems. almost all cable systems either interfere with things or look awkward. now I'm wondering if having a cable and spring on front and not on back will ruin the overall look of the bike. I'm still throwing around a few ideas. I just like the look so far and am hesitant to change it too much.

definitely a cool looking fork set up scott, i couldnt pull it off,even on paper :mrgreen:

OK, just about ready to come off the drawing board! the final calculations have been made.
2816xw.jpg

these may not look too exciting but this is the first actual photo of any parts of a bike I have posted of the new design :lol:
these are the spring clamps for the down tube and the clamps for the seat tube to hold the rear suspension pulley bracket
2j4vcrt.jpg

more parts!soon it's assembly time :mrgreen:
68wie1.jpg

1z6qj4h.jpg

more parts! this time steel instead of aluminum.
6fp4c3.jpg

a3jkid.jpg

6i5lvt.jpg

Very interesting! What are you using to cut out all of the steel parts? Bandsaw? Plasma cutter? Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know very much about metal fabrication. Am anxious to learn more. :D

I used a band saw on both the steel and aluminum.
most of the parts are made, now for some minor welding and it's assembly time.

37fleetwood said:
I used a band saw on both the steel and aluminum.
most of the parts are made, now for some minor welding and it's assembly time.
Thanks! I am seeing that a band saw is highly desirable for this hobby. I just finished making some rear drop outs with my hack saw and grinder. Too much work! :lol:

well, the time for the most critical decision is upon us. this is the point where I've seen some of the coolest builds go south for the winter, or some of the ones I thought were terrible turn into gold.
With the design set, and the parts made and the bike ready to start the assembly I have to decide what to do with paint and such. does this bike remain H.R. Puff-N-Stuff or does it turn into Mecha Godzilla? or is there a third option. I originally envisioned what it might look like if Huffman had built a Twin-Flex Cushioned Super Streamline bike, a Stream-Flex if you will.
I am going out to get some stuff for the build, the stuff I come home with will determine the outcome of the question. I'll announce tonight what I've decided and either a name change, or possibly not.
what I can finally officially announce though it shouldn't be a surprise if you looked at the drawings is that I am going to use my frame swap option. no more Huffy Middleweight, I will instead be using a 1941 Huffman frame, this one in fact:
8xscxu.jpg

i hope you're still going to use the springs and pulleys.
i love that (over)engineered look on bikes.

awesome pic btw, how many bikes are there? cool towtruck aswell.

I couldn't help myself, another teaser pic. hopefully this will answer the question about the springs and pulleys. :mrgreen:
this is the big rear pulley.
sl5oj6.jpg

eventually we're going to have to clean up.
5mn621.jpg

my friend Randy who has been helping
4kb6go.jpg

just about done with all the clamps, just polishing left
2l8x5zs.jpg

better shots of the larger rear pulley
n9b3t.jpg

35iyuso.jpg

most of the rear suspension
6nweib.jpg

a mock-up of the rear suspension assembly
6tg5s0.jpg

and finally the front suspension
2i0socm.jpg

Re: H.R. Puff-N-Stuff (name changed to Stream-Flex)

I know I said this before but... this is the final drawing of the Huffman stream-Flex.
wi23k2.jpg

Latest posts

Back