Street scrambler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And this is how things are looking now.
Subframe is looking better now.
oU1aF9m.jpg

Totally doable, piece of cake... hard like rock, but still piece of cake ;)
7s9u2hT.jpg

Do not use this piece of sh....
aPlpgBN.jpg

And this subframe makes me happy. I need to build custom cowl - first one is not usable sadly.... But still it's ridged and sturdy.

viK25ff.jpg

This is how the wheel looked like before 200lbs gorilla started squeezing tire onto it...
GyzWTYh.jpg

And some eye candy ;)

http://i.imgur.com/vWdkkHG.mp4

Eyup, two hours of lacing that wheel :21: another one for truing, but totally worth it.

Build is alive, and I'm alive.

I build batteries 2x 13S11P working in parallel.
I manged to not kill myself in the process - success!
I used cheap BMS and every battery charges for eternity, bummer :(.
It's just not working on single battery -engine is sucking 30A depleating it in 35 - 40 km, when they are working in tandem 15A per pack and Voltage is lowering in acceptable speed. It won'd be my dreamed 200km wunderwaffe, but I expect that 120/130 is possible.

It was rising a wheel.... Wight Weight of the second battery pinned this monster down... If my maths is correct I have 250Nm of torque ot the wheel shaft on the lowest gear. I'm so glad that I went for motorcycle rubber and rims, and that @SpikeFC pulled this out :D This is literally torture test for the Sturmey Archer Srk5

I'm building "baja" ligts due to Spike suggestion, I have chines knockoff of motogadget turn signals , generic tail light for generic enduro machine... I hate soldering :D

Last edited:
...erm...my Trabant with the original engine will have...54...

And my borrowed daily driven Matiz has...68...

I'm going back to my corner to cry a little bit... :cry:

Latest posts

Back