Street skinny cruiser thread!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
:wink:
DSCN0052goodyear3.jpg

i'll show off mine next week when i can finally get the 26 x 1.5 tires mated up to the wheels on my santa fe at my other shop. nice show so far and this seals it for me for putting them on.

I'm loving what I see here.What about some more pics and info on that second bike there, adapt.I have several bikes in my stash with 26x1 3/8 tires that could be built like that.Tell me more about that all chrome beaut too Markm.Thanks

well thanks guys!!.... The chrome one is a Flightliner with unknown chrome peaked fenders.
Shimano333 three speed coaster wheelset with a S/A shifter and I believe a Rollfast chainguard.
chopped down bars with salt spreader grips and a springy rack on the back

Well the Second bike has 27" rims on it...It is the first bike that has the 26 X 1X3/8....I can't find the Thread on the second bike but maybe someone else can....
The frame started out as a Schwinn Searcher I found in the dumpster....so I just welded in a straight bar to make it look like a 30's bike....All the parts were swapped out from 10 speed style Schwinns...forks, fenders, goose necks etc...

Here is the thread on the first bike
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic. ... apt#p69464

Hey thanks for your help guys. Ive got it figured out now. It's an Austrian made JC higgins 60sish. Sold for 25 bucks in the sears 1970 catalog. Kinda neat in that it has the 3 peice bottom bracket and all three main tubes are of a different diameter and seem to be of seamless tubing. At 30 pounds with the heavy crankset and the widest set of 27 inch steel wheels i've ever seen it is still three pounds less than my schwinn le tour.

meatwad1 said:
Hey thanks for your help guys. Ive got it figured out now. It's an Austrian made JC higgins 60sish. Sold for 25 bucks in the sears 1970 catalog. Kinda neat in that it has the 3 peice bottom bracket and all three main tubes are of a different diameter and seem to be of seamless tubing. At 30 pounds with the heavy crankset and the widest set of 27 inch steel wheels i've ever seen it is still three pounds less than my schwinn le tour.
You're welcome. Cool!

Latest posts

Back