Stretch ratty II

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, it's been a while since i've been building, but here goes with another stretch ratty for a friend. He wants it more or less like the first stretch ratty, but single speed and without the middle sprocket. O, and fenders.

The donor:
DSC_9513.jpg

Making the new fork:
DSC_9515.jpg

DSC_9517.jpg

DSC_9518.jpg

Looks better already, right?
But, still no stretch. Next step:
DSC_9519.jpg

Trying to get the lines right.
DSC_9520.jpg

Not quite there yet, so the top tube will come off the headtube and will be stretched there. Also, i'll have to bend the seattube as wel.

More to come shortly

Nice work man,i loved the first stretch ratty as well. Ive got a project a little similar commen up, its my first chop build. Itd b great to hear your thoughts on how i do.

Azbo

Great! Looking forward to your build!
I got some more stuff done too
1305489970-picsay.jpg

And with central tube
1305490000-picsay.jpg

The bottom is a little different then the stretch ratty I, eliminating the need for the extra sprocket.
1305490032-picsay.jpg

1305490059-picsay.jpg

And this one will be getting fenders.
1305490101-picsay.jpg

Feel free to vent your opinions! :)

Nice! Have you thought about wrapping the rear fender so the back end of it lines up with the back end of the front fender?

g-ratter said:
Nice! Have you thought about wrapping the rear fender so the back end of it lines up with the back end of the front fender?

I was going to do that, or move the front fender forward to make it line up with the rear fender. I think the front fender sticking out to the front would look cool. But i'll figure that out this week is guess.

this is great i definitely like seeing the breakdown of where you made your cuts on the original and exactly how you repositioned everything. i'm inspired-watching this fo sho

Very nice work :!: I like the 2x4 frame jig I might use this myself :lol:

Nice piece of work, Mr. Hoeha ! And I agree with you, in the fender-department. Maybe you can talk him out of it...... :mrgreen:
BTW, I'll send you a PM, about next weekend's cruise.

Back