Stretch Ratty

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davy B said:
are you gonna clean up the crank arm nub on the sprocket without the cranks? i dont think there is alot of pressure on it so you prolly wouldnt need the sprocket boss on the arm and could cut it off completely.....
lookin good btw, low riders arent my favorite but im liking this one.

Yes, i probably will. I already had my grinder in my hand yesterday evening, when i noticed he clock. Was 2300h so i figured i'might as wel give the neighbours a break and hit the sack myself...

Painted the rims today, after i found an almost full spraycan of blue. Didn't really feel like masking the spokes, so i jammed one axlestub in the vise, gave the rim a whirl, and kept the spraycan in one position. This way i could relatively easily spray the rims without the spokes getting all blue on me.
Here's one of the rims spinning:
25082010593.jpg

And the result:
25082010592.jpg

Still some paint on the spokes, but i'm pleased with this 5 minute paintjob.

Only downside is, when sparying and spinning, drops of paint kind of sling from the edge of the rim all over my shed. Not that big of a problem, my girl's bike was outside and the basman was under a tarp. But my Fat franks for this bike were in the line of fire....

I've liked this bike from the very beginning and still do. I'm with you on the current paint scheme though. I love the primer red on the frame and the Fat Franks. While I know they are common, perhaps going with black rims would be better. Or what about a dark brown or cream to match the tires with a pinstripe of the frame color?
Just throwing out ideas......

Good luck!
Dr. T

Thanks guys for your input!!
I'm keeping the colours for now. I've out on the town with it this weekend and most people don't like the colours, but some do.
I like it when most people dislike the things i like :mrgreen:

Things that will change:
-Saddle whenever i come against a cheap old one (probably not soon)
-grips to match the saddle (so probably not soon either)
-bars (will probably be making a set)
-a cheap chinese motor (working on the mounts this week)
-(fenders)

Im digging the whole build! the colors are great, id keep em. I think a nice leather saddle and matching grips would make this think truely BA. What style bars are you going with?
Also really dig that it looks at home next to the baseman, a jorb well done!

Okay, i'm sure about it now. There will not be a motor on this bike. I'm building a boardtracker and it 'll take the motor.
Probably sell this one... My bike shed is like 2x3 meters and it holds a lot of other crap next to my 5 bikes and my girls 1 bike. Darn i need more space...

Ok, are you planning to send in some pics of this new project ? 'Cause you made me curious now. By the way, is the RatRodBikes forum the only forum, that you're on, or are you on "Tretharley" too ? Or "Freakbike Nation" ?

There is a build thread on this forum of the next project. Follow the link below:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=34304

I'm only active on this forum. I seem to have a chronic lack of time, so i chose to do just this beautiful forum. Might post up some build reports on tretharley though in the future.

Yo Hoeha, I checked out yer new project. Pretty cool if I may say so. And pretty crowded too, in this little shed of yours. If I close my eyes, I see a similar shed in my backyard and just as filled up as yours. Only one thing 's different: most of it is stuff, that you don't want in your house (so put it in the shed). So that leaves me just enough room,to put my bike against the wall and that's it.

See ya 'round. :mrgreen:

I really like your shifter set up. reminds me of a suicide shifter, which is some thing ive wanted to put on a bike for ages now.

Latest posts

Back