Strings_and_steam, aka better late than never

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all-

I have been around here since last May, and while browsing today realized I never properly introduced myself. I'm a music history major (specializing in Irish music and the Gaelic language) in Milwaukee Wisconsin, and a luthier (string instrument maker/restorer). I also do a lot of work with Steampunk items and antique typewriters, not to mention any sort of mechanical miscellany I can get my hands on. I've always been an avid biker, but foudn myself smitten with the cruiser bike scene two summers ago when I got to try out a swing bike. After a lot of searching, I found one for myself, and quickly went to work on it (I am the type who just can't leave things as they are, and have really strong visions for how the things I use and own should look and operate. If something isn't quite what I want to be, I work to change that :D )

Here are a few shots of my current stable, not including the Trek mountain bike I've had for years.

Phillips 5 speed road bike I put together this summer whiel I was workign on my RRBO5 bike as well. I converted an old kerosene headlamp to LED, and did so to allow it to be swaped back to kerosene if desired. I don't know a lot about this bike, I got the frame from an older gentleman who had been storing it outside half way up a pine tree :!:

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

My swing bike and The Wormwood Limited (From RRBO5) pose together.

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

And a link to my gallery of Steampunk stuff (pardon the nerf guns, but heck ,they sell!). My steampunk moniker is Victor Ian.

http://gentlemantinker.blogspot.com/

One more shot of moi on the Limited, submitted for the RRBO5 'booby prize'
IMG_1640.jpg

People here have been awesome, and I greatly enjoy seeing all of the wonderful things you all do with the 'humble' bicycle.

Welcome. I like the look of your bikes, and thats a pretty cool watch yuo made, also.

Back