stripped thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, an old thread but new information. I mistakenly said I obtained the die and handle from Harbor Freight. I instead got it from Enco Mfg. in Chicago. Here are the particulars if you want to order one. B607

>>Hi Rodland,
>>I just got that thing out again and realized it came from Enco Mfg. Co. in Chicago,IL. and not Harbor Freight.
The handle is called "Steel Die Stock Handle" and the Enco number is 318-2013
The die is called "ADJ RND DIE HSS 1-24 2" OD" I would guess that would translate to "Adjustable Round Die, High Speed Steel, 1-24 2" Outside Diameter" The part number for the die is 314-2174.
I hope this helps, and sorry for the mixup about Harbor Freight. I buy from both fairly often.

Thanks B607. I have the die and handle on the way. This makes life easier for me. Thanks to all for bringing up old threads. :D

+1 on the threadfile....I bought a cheap threadchasing set at sears years ago.It came with 2 different sized threadfiles. Its wierd, a thread CHASING set, not for new threading......

You have only lost two threads. This should not be a big issue.
Find a shop where the mechanics have proper tools and dirty hands, then chase the fork threads.

Latest posts

Back