Strippin the Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was on of several bikes I picked up for free, as much the rear rims isn't original and the seat is rusted away, at least the upper portion. A little more wire brushin and the chassis is stripped clean, it was white with a flower covered seat originally. Now the great debate for color, I've come across a new line of spray paint that is fantastic, it's call MONTANA its a fantastic product, I'm even using it on the interior of my Scion XB. It also has a pair of reflectors riveted to the sides of the forks, on is broken and I'd love to find replacements or I'll just fill in the holes and go smooth. It had a pair of medium sized ape hangers which may stay or maybe a lil taller, the rear support for the banana seat has some rust on it but I'm not putting any chrome on this so it will get sanded and painted, the same will probably happen with the fenders. I'm even contemplating a set of wheelie bars, just for chits and giggles, any suggestions are always welcome.

M01A0285.jpg

WesternFlyer.jpg

OKAY, had the paint and I'm pretty sure this is where I'm goin, yea, I know but its not black, lol...The chome parts neck hardware etc... will be painted an accent color yet to be determined. Don't be mean, lol...

M01A0291-1.jpg

M01A0290-1.jpg

WOW, appreciate the offer but I'm gonna smooth it out and will probably wind up airbrushing a pattern or pinstriping it. I have a lil more stripping between the rear rails kinda tight in there and has the hollows below the supports. I have a question for you though since you have one, lol, the front rim has some sort of embossing kinda aztec or flat top pyramids, the rear was a steel with a knobby tire so I assume it was changed but wondering it the embossed was an original rim, it had a straigt ribbed style front tire on it but its dry rotted. Once again thanx for the offer great community here

I'm afraid I won't be much help on which rim is original. The reflector fork I have is on a 26 inch Hawthorne and the rims on it are typical drop centers.

Like the frame (nice). Like the color!.......wheelie bars? YES! 8) 8)

Yea, I know what ya mean, the top of the banana seat was rusted bad, upon disassembly I found the oh so very pretty, white with orange and pink floral print, lol, I gotta find me an new 20" seat to replace it, I just dont want the velour, suede, or sparkly vinyl, I'll probably cover it with a green to match the paint.

Back