stuck pedal AMF

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this pedal is making me frustrated, i cvant get the sprocket apart until i get it off and ive used bike wrenches with the grooves ive even taped 2 of them together to make a stronger wrench this thing is on there! HELP :x
0326121634.jpg

If you have a wrench that fits tightly, a few good taps with a hammer do better than putting all your weight on it.

im gonna put some motor oil or white oil or somthing on the threads of the pedal and try aging in a day:) ill keep your help in mind :mrgreen:

Motor oil wont do anything, you need Penetrating Oil if you use 'oil'.
Short having some, you might try that water trick.........stick the whole pedal and crank end down in a bucket of hot water and let soak overnight, then try the wrench and a whap.

I've always had good luck spraying it with a little PB blaster, let it sit for 30 minutes and a few good taps with a hammer on the end of a wrench, longer the wrench the better.

I use heat on it. For a faster burn I use MAP Gas torch, its hotter than propane. You don't have to go crazy with it. Heat it for 20 seconds then try the wrench. And Keep the flame away from the paint and rubber.

+1 on all above.

Only thing I have to add is to prop the bike up to where you can lay the crank on something solid, so that the crank won't move when you hit the wrench with the hammer (turning in the correct direction of course).

for really stuck threads, sometimes it helps break them free if you try to tighten them slightly before you try to loosen them.

hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back